- English Proofreading
The KAIST Language Center started proofreading services in 1998, with the submission of articles authored by KAIST faculty and students to foreign journals on the rise.
The KAIST Language Center has now expanded its services into areas covering administrative documents and forms and many other KAIST English publications. Our clients also include many other research institutions in the Daedok Research Complex and other universities.
|Specialized Areas||Thesis, articles for submission to foreign journals, technology, science, engineering, business, law, and legal documents|
|General Areas||Self-introductory essays, statements of purpose, general theses, PR material, other English documents such as contracts|
|Division||Expected Completion Day (Business Days)||Remarks|
|8-day Proofreading||Within 8 days||
|4-day Proofreading||Within 4 days||
|2-day Proofreading||Next day by
|Same day Proofreading||Before 18:00 on the day ordered||
- 1. In order to request a service, log in to the KAIST Language Center homepage and register. Then fill out the information on the Proofreading Request page and attach the file for proofreading services.
- 2. MS Word formats are recommended when attaching the requested document file. The document should be written in size 12 font with 1.5 spacing and saved using an English name.
- 3. Please contact the Language Center via email or phone if you use programs other than MS Word:
email@example.com or 042-350-8731.
- 4. We will notify you of the status of your request through email. You may check the status of your request by clicking Result in the proofreading menu.
- Introduction of Proofreaders
- 1. English native visiting professors at KAIST
- 2. Experienced English native proofreaders majoring in the areas of English, journalism, education, science, etc
- Rates of Proofreading
- * The proofreading rate varies according to the service requested. Please be advised that if the work requires corrections of more than 30%, the Language Center may reject the request.
- * Future VAT excluded
- Proofreading Payment Calculation
- 1. The proofreading payment and rate is calculated using the final draft as the standard and after its completion
- 2. Standard thesis drafted using MS Word
- (1) Documents drafted using MS-WORD is standard.
- (2) The standard for one page is 270 words, and rounded up to one page for documents less than one page.
- (3) The editing rate depends on number of edited words in the edited draft (difference in edited and registered draft) divided by the original word count equals the ratio that is used. The comments in a Memo and NOTE are not considered in rate calculation.
- 3. Non-standard Documents
- (1) Non-standard documents are documents drafted in different formats such as PDF and Hangeul (HWP).
- (2) One page calculation standard is: 25 mm border indentations, font 12, and 25 lines (30% editing rate applied)
- 4. Diagrams, numbers, special characters are excluded (captions and references are included)
- Proofreading Consultation Session
- 1. After completion of proofreading, those who have requested consultation service can meet the proofreader for confirmation of the contents revised. If you want to further discuss the revision to improve your writing, you can have a consultation session with an English native proofreader. If more than 20% of your English writing has been revised, we think this service will be helpful in improving your writing.
- 2.After proofreading is completed, the appointment of the consultation session will be made through email or phone. Consultations will be scheduled for a minimum of one hour, up to a maximum of 3 hours. (The consultation fee is 40,000 KRW per hour.) The session will be held at the Language Center office.
- 3. Please note your desire to have a consultation session when initially requesting proofreading service. Please note that not all requests for consultation sessions can be accomodated.
- Information regarding Payment for editing and consultation
- 1. Cash Deposit
- Once you have received confirmation of the completion of the editing process via email, please send the payment to the following account. You will be able to download the completed file after payment is confirmed.
- Account Number: Woori Bank 270-003359-13-607
Account Holder: Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- 2. Account Transfer (Can only be used by KAIST affiliates)
- The Language Center will upload the payment on KAIST ERP using the account information you provided when initially applying for proofreading service. You may download the final file after clicking “Account confirmation process” through the homepage (My-page). Please contact the person in charge at each department and/or lab regarding the possibility of utilizing the account transfer method or information.
- 3. Credit Card (Can only be used by non-KAIST affiliates or KAIST affiliates using a personal credit card)
- Can pay through the homepage.
- Cancelation of Proofreading/Translation/Comparison Proofreading
- You are responsible for payment even if you cancel the day of submission.
- Guaranteed for re-proofreading/translation
- If you wish to resubmit a previously proofread work which has been formally rejected from a journal or which has KAIST proofreader/translator mistakes, you may do so without any additional charges. Such work should have originally been proofread by the KAIST Language Center and must meet the requirements below.
1. Change rate is less than 10% of the completed file as originally done by the KAIST Language Center and as submitted to the journal
2. The service must be requested within 3 years of the original KAIST Language Center proofreading date of completion.
- The process of the guarantee service is only with contacting the person in charge, please send the e-mail the evidence for results about the rejection/Mistakes.
- Documents required: Name (client), date of service, service number, original file submitted to the journal, letter from the journal with English comments
- For More Information please contact
- Ms Pomina Song at firstname.lastname@example.org or 042-350-8731