In case of Korean-English translation projects, native professional Korean translators initially convert the work into English and then native English proofreaders review the translated work for correction and revision. If necessary, bilingual translators may proofread and finalize the translated work.
|Specialized areas: legal, business, technical, science, and engineering||Theses, Articles, Contracts, Legal Documents, etc|
|Education & administrative areas||Statements of Purpose, Proposals, Administrative Documents, PR Publications|
|General areas||Resumes, Letters|
|Items||Expected Completion Day (business day)||Remark|
|Normal||Specialized||10 pages / 10 days||Subject to change according to the request received, number of pages, and proofreaders’ circumstances|
|Education & Administrative||10 pages / 8 days|
|General||10 pages / 6 days|
|Express||Specialized||Less than 2 pages / 1 day||- Express rate (double of the general order) to be charged
- Negotiable if the number of requested pages exceeds the page limit for Express services
|Education & Administrative||Less than 3 pages / 1 day|
|General||Less than 3 pages / 1 day|
- 1. In order to use our services, log in to the KAIST Language Center homepage and register. Then, fill out the information under Proofreading Request and attach the file for proofreading services.
- 2.MS Word is recommended format for attached document files. The document should be written in size 12 font with 1.5 spacing and saved using an English name.
- 3. If possible, please attach an index of the glossary of your documents in addition, as it would be helpful in ensuring accuracy.
- 4. In case of Express requests, please contact the Language Center first before you order through the web page.
- 5. Please contact the Language Center if you use programs other than MS Word or HWP.
- 6. We will notify the status of your order through email. You can check out your status by clicking Result in the translation menu. You can download the completed file through the Result page as well.
- We have professional translators (Korean-English, English-Korean) who have experience intranslation in various areas such as administrative documents, legal works, science, engineering, journalism, and the humanities. Our translators include native Korean speakers, native English KAIST language professors, and bilingual translators who have majored in English, education, journalism, administration, international relations, science, and engineering.
- From Korean to other language: First the Bilingual translator translate the file and then native proofreader or other bilingual translator check again as translation proofreading.
- From other language to Korean: One bilingual translator translate by oneself.
- ㆍ Translation Rate [as of January 1, 2014]
- 1. The below tables show the per letter and per page rates for Korean↔English, Japanese↔Korean, and Chinese↔Korean translations. Please note that source pages less than standard (except Korean-English) words will be counted as a full page.
If you wish to request translation from or to other languages not listed below, please contact the language center via email or phone: email@example.com or 042-350-8731.
- 2. Please contact the Language Center via email or phone if you use programs other than MS Word or HWP: firstname.lastname@example.org or 042-350-8731. File formats other than MS Word or HWP will be counted as 25 lines per page.
- 3. Translation rate is below:
|General||Normal||58 KRW||64 KRW|
|Express||116 KRW||128 KRW|
|Specialized||General||70 KRW||77 KRW|
|Express||140 KRW||154 KRW|
* Future VAT excluded
|General||Normal||23,100 KRW||27,720 KRW|
|Express||46,200 KRW||55.440 KRW|
|Specialized||Normal||27,720 KRW||33,264 KRW|
|Express||55,440 KRW||66,528 KRW|
* Future VAT excluded
|General||Normal||57,750 KRW||63,530 KRW|
|Express||115,500 KRW||127,050 KRW|
|Specialized||Normal||69,300 KRW||76,236 KRW|
|Express||138,600 KRW||152,460 KRW|
* Future VAT excluded
|General||Normal||34,650 KRW||41,580 KRW|
|Express||69,300 KRW||83,150 KRW|
|Specialized||Normal||41,580 KRW||49,896 KRW|
|Express||83,160 KRW||99,780 KRW|
* Future VAT excluded* The 700 letters of Chinese and Japanese is one page.
* All type of specialized translations will be charged 120% of the general fee.
- 1. Wire Transfer
- - Once the translation is complete, we will email the client with a price quote. Please wire the appropriate funds to the Language Center via bank transfer:
- - Please contact us once you have completed the bank transaction to ensure speedy processing.
- - After receiving the wire transfer confirmation email, you will be able to download the completed translation work.
- Account Holder: KAIST
Bank Account: Woori Bank 270-003359-13-607.
- 2. Internal account transfers (for official KAIST orders only)
- - Once the translation is complete, we will email you the final fee. Please Check the information about your Lab account once again on My Page and if you don’t know it, please contact the Department or Lab Offices for further inquiries on internal account transfers.
- Guaranteed for re-proofreading/translation
- If you wish to resubmit a previously proofread work which has been formally rejected from a journal or which has KAIST proofreader/translator mistakes, you may do so without any additional charges. Such work should have originally been proofread by the KAIST Language Center and must meet the requirements below.
1. Change rate is less than 10% of the completed file as originally done by the KAIST Language Center and as submitted to the journal
2. The service must be requested within 3 years of the original KAIST Language Center proofreading date of completion.
- The process of the guarantee service is only with contacting the person in charge, please send the e-mail the evidence for results about the rejection/Mistakes. (email@example.com)
- Documents required: Name (client), date of service, service number, original file submitted to the journal, letter from the journal with English comments
(ex: Authors whose primary language is not English are advised to seek help in the preparation of the paper....)
- For more information
- please contact Ms Hanbyul Jang at firstname.lastname@example.org or 042-350-8732